Monday, January 23, 2012

187.2 Unpredictable

I like to think that my life is fairly predictable, but lately I am beginning to wonder if that is one of the many areas in my thinking that might fall under the category of delusional. You would think that with all of the weight loss stuff I have gone through, I'd be an expert. Well, I'm not and am still learning new things about weight loss in general and how my body responds to changes in what/how much I eat. In general, it's often very unpredictable.

Besides focusing on weight and other body issues such as my back, neck, stroke life, etc., I am a devoted player/member of Lumosity, the brain game site to stave off Alzheimers and other dementias. Well, that part of my life is unpredictable also. After not playing for about a month, I was able to perform magnificently and my overall score shot up 4 points at one sitting. (I was sure I would take a downward hit and have to build my score back up again.) That's a lot because when I'm in a more disciplined place in my life and play every day, it often varies up and down a couple of points. And then today, it just shot up 6 points for no reason at all, except that I hadn't played for several days. I'm thinking about writing to the Lumosity folks and see if they'd like to do a study on my brain. It's got to be quite unique, or at least I'd like to think so. Since I started Lumosity my score has increased over 1200 points. No I won't tell you where I started, but now I'm wondering if there is an upward limit, and how close I am to that score. And, if I did reach it once, how will I feel when it begins to waver downward. Ah, the things I think about!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

Your Lumosity score explains that cloud of smoke rising off the top of your head. Murder on the hair..

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller