Saturday, January 7, 2012

186.2 Charlee


Our precious dog, Charlee, is sick and in the hospital. She has pancreatitis usually caused in dogs by eating rich food. We aren't sure how/when she got an overload of rich food, but we did have a full house at most meal times so who knows. It really doesn't matter, but what does matter is that she's in a special hospital, on IVs for hydration, meds, etc., and getting very good care. Hopefully we'll be able to bring her home tomorrow. This little Havanese is Jeff's and my baby/child now and it's amazing how much we love her.

Life will get back on track once she feels better and I learn what's wrong with my hip. I promised myself to exercise regularly, etc., but whatever is wrong with my hip has really gotten in the way. I was doing the elliptical with Linda but since that causes flexion in my hip muscles that is now a no-no. The only thing I can do is walk and stretch in my pool. So I'm just going to take it easy, be compassionate toward myself as my dear Alee encourages me to be, and once I'm good to go, I'll get going!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I hear you on needing to take it easy on yourself while exercising. Especially with it being your hip! DO please take care of yourself. And I really really hope Charlee gets better soon. That whole hospital business sounds like no fun at all.

lynseym said...

Oh Charlee! I sure hope she gets out soon and is back to herself. I love that dog.

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller