Tuesday, February 16, 2010

196.0 A Weight Loss Adventure

What if I develop a salad addiction, having to have one first thing in the morning? I was really looking forward to it as I got up today. I did add about 1/2 cup of kidney beans instead of only 10 which is what I did yesterday. And, I didn't eat anything else until about 2:30 when I was offered a very thin slice of chicken from the deli lady at the local grocery store.

But last night I was ravenous. I don't know what to blame it on and it probably doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things, but I just couldn't get rid of that feeling of gnawing hunger. So I ate oranges, bread, oh I am being so honest here, peanut butter, and I drank a lot of water, but it was "harsh" as my grandson Alex likes to say about anything uncomfortable.

So I am shaking up the regime. You won't see my weight posted next to the title for about a week, which means I won't be weighing every day. It's funny. I fought against that in the beginning and now I am having a hard time giving it up. But instead of focusing on numbers, I am going to focus on eating smaller portions, writing everything down, and listening to my body as I eat each meal. And, getting back into the habit of hypnosis everyday. I guess I did choose a good name for this blog! It is turning into quite an adventure!

1 comment:

priscilla said...

I need your blog right now! I'm doing alot of emotional eating and I wish my only problem was too much peanut butter. I think I need to talk to myself the way you use hypnosis! Miss Piggy

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller