Wednesday, August 12, 2009

216...new territory!

It feels so good to hit a new low, but OMG I still weigh 216 pounds! Should I be smiling? I think it is hard to acknowledge that I weigh this much, especially after losing 20 pounds. Egads, what was I thinking weighing so much! I wasn't thinking. I was too busy eating and drinking wine!

I was out most of the day and came in starving. I have become a big fan of this new flat bread that Costco sells that is high in protein. So, I had half a slice with some day old chicken. Now it is almost 4:30 and we are going out to dinner with friends. Ah, the challenges. But I can't just stop going out. I will play the "eat one half" card so I can have what looks good on the menu but not go crazy. I will also ask for the take home container first thing so I don't pick at that other half. Have you ever done that? You look down and the half you weren't going to eat has somehow disappeared.

It has been a great day. My hair stylist commented on how much thinner I looked and then complained about the 10 pounds she has trouble keeping off. I am blown away that she is worried about ten pounds, but then I realized that it is not about how much you want to lose. It is about how comfortable you feel weighing what you weigh. So even though I have a lot to lose and that's putting it kindly, I hope that anyone who wants to lose even a small amount will want to read my blog.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Sue! If you've read this a million times it's because I've tried to leave a comment a million times. Anyway, You are an inspiration! You were right when you said, "be more like me Prill". I love you,Pearl

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,

I'll have to check out that Cosco flatbread. Sounds very inviting. Keep these updates coming. I like being involved.

queenmabby said...

yummmm...old chicken:) ha!
i have to check out this flatbread too!

Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Susan M Miller